Avatar

Avatar
MrsAnderson

Friday 21 June 2013

#9A1 Monday 24th June - Testing

LO To understand the importance of testing your solution
LO To develop a test plan suitable for your solution 
LO To develop and assess your test plan against exam criteria

Starter - What do you need to test ? Why test? What might a test plan look like in official IT documentation? 
What is test data and how may you use it? 

http://www.gcsecomputing.org.uk/investigation_a452/2_4_test_eval.html


 Main: 

  • Develop a test plan - the design is your choice but think about what information you need it in. 
  • Explain why it is important to test
  • Add technical terminology to your glossary as you work - How have you evidenced this? Is it sufficient? 
  • Mini Plenary - Assess a classmate's test plan. What could he / she change or add?  Now make these changes?  How has it made a difference to your own test plan? 
Need help with a test plan structure?  Try this one. 

Want to know all about systems testing in the real world?  Have a look a the video - we touch the surface of this at GCSE. http://www.guru99.com/system-testing.html

Measured outcomes

I have created a test plan which contains some tests relevant to my solution - using a template to give me ideas 
I have created a test plan independently which lists tests against my user needs and in my evidence I have explained the need for testing and included some technical terminology.
I have created a test plan independently which will fully test against user needs and in my evidence I have started to evaluate my solution critically and fully explained technical terminology. 

Update your exam board progress tracker. 

Plenary - are you red, amber or green? Have you met your objectives? What do you need to do next lesson to improve your testing?   

http://www.gcsecomputing.org.uk/investigation_a452/2_3_technical.html


Where would you mark yourself on the mark scheme?

No comments:

Post a Comment